Table of Contents
Password recovery procedures
Password recovery procedures for various Cisco equipment are located here:
Cisco PIX sw version 6.3 firmware update guide
- Download the latest 6.3.x software revision from the Cisco website
- Install and configure the TFTP server on the local network
- Login to PIX and run command:
Pix#copy ttpt flash
When asked enter the IP address of your TFTP server. Then enter the filename of the software image. The system willl automatically upgrade the firmware erasing the old firmware and replacing it with the new revision.
- Next upgrade the PDM:
Pix#copy ttpt flash:pdm
When asked enter the IP address of your TFTP server. Then enter the filename of the PDM image. The system willl automatically upgrade the PDM file.
Howto troubleshoot connectivity through PIX
Setup logging server
- Download loggin server from http://www.kiwisyslog.com/
- Install and start the server
- Point the firewall to the server: logging host inside 192.168.0.99
- Configure logging: logging buffered debugging
- Enable logging: logging enable
Now you can monitor the traffic through the PIX in the syslog server.
If you do not have or do not want to setup the logging server you can use PIX capture feature:
ciscoasa(config)#access-list inside_test permit icmp any host 192.168.1.1 ciscoasa(config)#capture inside_interface access-list inside_test interface inside ciscoasa#show capture inside_interface
More about this is on the Cisco page: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807c35e7.shtml